Monday, June 20, 2011

ABCs :)

I stole the idea from Samantha Anne, and I thought it was cute :)

A - Afghanistan: We've been on the verge of meeting for a year now, and it's getting closer than ever. Jordan will head over within the next few weeks, and I'm looking forward to meeting this challenge - that way I can kick it's butt all the way to Mars.

B - Best friends: I don't know where I would be without my best friends. It's taken me years to figure out who my real friends are, and I couldn't be happier. They've been here with me through a lot, and they're about to be here with me through our first deployment. I think I'd die if I didn't have them around. I love them all!

C - Cat: I've had my cat, Derby, for 13 years now. My mom brought him home to me when I was in 2nd grade, right before my parents divorced. She then took him into the apartment, and later the house, so he wouldn't be a "burden" as he was considered to my biological father. He's probably the soul that has saved me from so many different obstacles, and I'm so glad he's stuck with me for so long.

D - Deployment: Yep, the yucky D-word. D-day scares me more than anything in the world. I'm going to have to watch the love of my life and my best friend get on a bus to head to Afghanistan.. and I have no idea how I'm going to react. I'm going to stay busy, of course. But I know the nights will kill me, and I'll live for the phone calls that I may or may not get. I'll be praying for safety though, because I know God won't let me down on this. I've got to keep my faith.<3

E - Engaged: Yep! That's what we are :) Jordan and I are finally engaged after almost 7 long years! He woke me up Christmas morning 2010 with kisses on the nose.. and when I opened my eyes, there he was.. down on his knee, with the ring in hand. Normal girls might cry or get emotional, but not me. I simply said, "But I don't have any makeup on!" And after we stopped laughing, I said yes :)

F - Football: My life! I love football more than a lot of guys do. I'm the one you'll catch with a beer in hand on Saturdays and Sundays screaming at the tv, wearing my favorite jersey.

G - Golden Girls: My absolute FAVORITE show in the entire world. I have no problem watching it every single day. I must watch it right before I go to bed to keep my mind clear. My mom calls it "mind-numbing tv" and she's definitely right.

H - Happiness: I've searched long and hard for it, and I've finally found it. I know what it feels like to be truly happy. And the fact that I can be truly happy even while Jordan and I have our distance between us is one of the greatest accomplishments that I've ever overcome.

I - Irrational fears: Clowns, dark rooms, going out in public without my toenails painted, failure, the movie E.T., carrying toilet paper around a store /in public, driving over bridges, getting pregnant, babies, the color yellow, etc.

J - Jordan: My fiancee. The love of my life. My best friend. He just happens to be a United States Marine right now. We've been together for over 7 years. We met in 5th grade, became best friends, then started eventually dating in 7th grade.. and we've been together every since.

K - Kubik: The last name I couldn't wait to get, and the one I finally have. It resembles a family bond stronger than any other one that I've ever known. Changing my name was one of the best decisions that I ever made for myself in my life.

L - Longhorns: Hook 'em Horns! The Texas Longhorns. My favorite team EVER. I even have a flag above my couch :)

M - Mom: My mom is one of the strongest people I've ever known, and I'm so happy that she passed her strength down to me. She's one of my best friends, and I couldn't be more thankful. We've both been through Hell and back - and it's amazing that we both found happiness in each other, as well as our family.

N - Needle: I'm absolutely terrified of needles! I have six piercings and four tattoos, but I can't stand the sight of a needle. I still make my mom buy me ice cream if I have to go get a shot at the doctor's office or get blood drawn.

O - Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: It apparently runs in my family, well the women at least. I'm always making lists.. and if I have too many lists, then I make lists OF my lists. The volume can never be on an odd number.. in anything. I have to wait until a certain number of seconds to answer the phone. My food isn't allowed to touch on my plate. I have to eat one thing completely before I can even start on another. I always have to start and end taking steps on my right food. If I play with my left hand ring, I have to immediately play with my right one afterward. Before I put on shoes, they must both face the same direction. And that's just some of the things. It's not a quirk for me, it's a daily lifestyle.

P - Pittsburg Steelers: My NFL team! I was raised with a Terrible Towel, and I'll never be able to get rid of that. It's much classier to wave a towel around in the air than to wear a piece of cardboard /styrofoam cheese on your head ;)

Q - Questions: I ask a lot of questions. I can't help it. I'm an obnoxiously curious person. So if I ask you a lot of things, don't take offense to it or anything.. but I just have to know!

R - Religion: I'm a Christian. I was born and raised Methodist. I can't stand Southern Baptists. I can't stand bible thumpers. I hate living in the bible belt, where anyone under 21 isn't even allowed near a bar. I have an amazing relationship with God. I was always taught that God doesn't care what you wear to church, because he sees you naked every single morning in the shower :)

S - Studying: My life lately. I seem like I don't do much, but I really do. Studying for school just takes up so much of my time, because I have to bust my butt to make decent grades. It sucks, but it'll be worth it when I graduate!

T - Toilet paper: Okay, I must admit. I have this irrational fear of carrying toilet paper in public. If I'm with someone at the grocery store, I make them carry it for me.. through the store, out to the car, and into wherever we're going. People make fun of me all the time for it, and I can't figure out why I won't do it for the life of me. Everyone always tells me, "Everyone uses it!" ..But I really can't get past the fact that I think it's just socially awkward to carry around toilet paper!

U - University of South Alabama: My school :) It's been a huge part of my life and the changes that I've made along the way. I'm about to be a junior, and while I can't wait to graduate and have my degree.. I absolutely love the entire experience and all of the memories that come along with it.

V - Vacation: I love taking vacations! It's fun to be able to relax with family and /or friends. My all-time favorite vacation was when my mom took me on my senior trip to Los Angeles, California. It was so beautiful :) I can't wait to go back some day!

W - Wedding: Yes, I'm in the long process of planning a wedding. The wedding won't be for a while.. but it never hurts to get a head start and get ideas in my head! Jordan and I find it fun and relaxing to talk about it, which makes it even more fun :)

X - X-ray: I've had way too many of them in my life. With dancing for 15 years, my hips turned into those of an 80 year old woman.. and I went through many x-rays before I got two Cortizone shots in my hip joints (OUCH!). I've also had MRIs done because of my migraines, as well as an x-ray on my hand, wrist, and shoulder.

Y - Yelling: The absolute WORST thing you can ever do is yell at me. It's the one thing that will make me get in your face faster than anything.

Z - Zodiac sign: Sagittarius. I'm not one of those people who religiously reads my sign information every day; but I do believe a lot of what a Sagittarius stands for, and it has to do a great deal with my personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment